Environmental Policy Statement
We have built our group on strong foundations providing exceptional service to our clients since 1947. While our focus is on surpassing our clients' requirements, we believe strongly that this should not be at the expense of the environment.
Within the group, our aim is to provide effective environmental awareness and controls, seeking to continually improve all aspects of our environmental performance, as far as economically feasible. Our policy forms the basis for setting environmental objectives that will continually improve the manner in which we operate.
- To identify and minimise the risks to the environment from the group's activities
- To comply with the requirements of all environmental legislation and regulation, where appropriate and act in anticipation of future requirements
- To encourage the efficient use of energy, materials, products and services together with minimising and eliminating, where possible, pollution and waste
- To provide employee awareness training in environmental policy, legislation and procedures
To achieve these objectives the group will:
- Minimise the risks of environmental incidents through the preparation and implementation of appropriate risk management measures and, in conjunction with appropriate authorities, we will ensure an emergency response capability to deal with accidental pollution
- Continually review our activities, identify aspects which could have a significant impact on the environment and thus seek improvement of environmental issues within the business
- Seek to use sustainable, reusable or recyclable products, adopt as principles the prevention of pollution, reduction of waste and the efficient use of materials and energy and encourage our supply chain to do the same
- Minimise noise and vibration levels, traffic nuisance, emission of pollutants and disturbance to the public and local ecosystem and take steps to preserve our wildlife habitats and heritage
- Provide employee awareness training to enable staff at all levels to understand and contribute to the implementation of this policy
This policy statement outlines the group's commitment to minimising the adverse environmental impact from our activities and is continually under review.